Home | History | Church | Historical Archive | Institutional Activities | Social Charges | Gallery | Contact us
Gregorovius, in his book “Storia di Roma nel Medioevo”, writes: “ The goldsmith guild was been existing in Rome for long time, at first it was joint to saddlers and blacksmiths; the guild parted from them in 1509 and built, with the consent of Pope Giulio II, the church of S.Eligio in Via Giulia, planned by Raffaello.” The honour, the history and the culture of the “Nobil Collegio degli Orafi e degli Argentieri di Roma” are clearly expressed by Gregorovius in those few lines that testify the power and the name the roman goldsmiths had. Skill, culture and, above all, love for its own job are still alive among the members of the Nobil Collegio, thus contributing to keep the Guild attitudes and purposes present and alive.
 
ASSOCIAZIONI PARTNER
Associazione Italiana
dell'Arte
della Medaglia
Accademia
Culturale
Europea
Fondazione Italiana
VERSO IL FUTURO
 
Università degli Orefici Via S. Eligio, 7 - 00186 - Roma - Tel. 06-6868260- Fax 06-6868260 - E-mail: info@universitadegliorefici.it
Copyright © 2011 all right reserved - Design e comunicazione Altra|via